Chanel Spring 2012 Couture Collection

The Couture collection pictures are available at Style.com {Here} 

Karl Lagerfeld never disappoints with his fashion show stages for Chanel. The Spring 2012 Couture collection setting was on a life size airplane with all the plane seats facing the front of the plane. As much as I personally love Chanel, I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the direction of this collection.

Some of my thoughts
  • Being a spring collection I found the colour theme very dark and unfitting for spring. 
  • First part of the show was very theme fitting; 60's stewardess inspired uniforms. Very cute and wearable
  • What I did like was the neckline on most of the pieces, showing off the model's decollete beautifully.
  • Lots of beading (Which I LOVE!!)
  • Most pieces had hidden pockets! Who doesn't love pockets?
  • The hair was styled sky high to keep focus on the garments necklines but some of the hair distracted me from looking at the garments it's self. 
  • Accessories: Super long dangling earrings (Which I didn't like). 
Here are some of my picks from the collection, again all pictures are available at Style.com {Here}

{Left: Josefien Rodermans opening the show in a 60's stewardess inspired piece}
{Right: Joan Smalls: Open/boatneck jacket & hidden pockets skirt.. Or is it a dress?}


{Left: Siri Tollerod: Beautiful gown but didn't flow with the rest of the collection}
{Right: Julia Nobis: Love everything about this dress! Wrap sleeves, halter dress, beading & knotted front}


{Magda Laguinge: Poor girl... Bag dress & bad hair}

No comments: