Flaking Off Winter

Every winter my skin has an identity crisis and switches from oily to extremely dry. (Lucky me but I know everyone goes through this) To exfoliate my skin I use Dior's Capture Totale Peeling Lumiere which eliminates my dry flaky skin if used regularly, but it is a costly scrub to use daily.

Two months I subscribed to Loose Button {Click here to learn more} which send me a Luxe Box every month containing beauty product samples according a special questionnaire I filled out about my beauty routine. (I will post pictures of my upcoming box shortly). One of the samples I received was Skin Prep Scrub by Dermalogica and I was quite impressed with my sample. In general I love Dermalogica products because I find that they work very well with my skin type.

 {Left: Dior's Capture Totale Peeling Lumiere $92 for 1.7oz}
{Right: Skin Prep Scrub by Dermalogica $32 for 2.5oz, but sample is 0.75oz}

Let's go into detail!

  • $92 for 1.7oz
  • Can be used wet or dry skin
  • Massage on face, leave on for 1 minute and then rinse
  • Use 2 - 3 times a week
  • Contains salicylic acid and mineral micro-crystals
  • Very fine sandy/grain texture, can be hard on skin if applied with force (Picture Below)
  • Perfume scented
  • Alcohol mentioned twice (2) in ingredient list


  • $32 for 2.5oz
  • Use on wet skin only
  • Massage gently on face and then rinse
  • Use 3 times a week
  • Contains corn cob meal
  • Medium sized grains and creamy texture (Picture Above)
  • No artificial fragrance or color
  • Alcohol mentioned three times (3) in ingredient list

My thoughts: When it comes to size and price Dermalogica is more practical for regular use (Recommended to exfoliate at least 3 times a week). Both left my skin smooth after use and both did not leave my sensitive skin red or irritated. Use/texture I prefer the Dior because the micro crystals were easier to spread and finer to scrub; every-bit of the product is the fine micro crystals so not lot of product is needed. The Dermalogica gains are larger and you have to move the grains around to get a good scrub. The texture is creamy so more product is need to cover the face, I would say it's 2/3 cream and 1/3 grain. So overall I'll still continue to use the Dior but won't oppose to switching to Dermalogica if money is tight.

No comments: