Marchesa - Jennifer Lawrence

I'm not into teenybopper movies but I am aware of the "Hunger Game" movies. What I'm about to blog about is yes outdated but hear me out.

{Left: Jennifer Lawrence in Marchesa // Right: Marchesa Fall 2012 Ready-to-Wear NYFW}
{Jennifer Lawrence picture from http://www.harpersbazaar.com}

I love this red lace Marchesa dress but on a real women {aka Jennifer} this dress doesn't look that great on. Not saying Miss Lawrence looks bad but the dress does look more suited for anorexic models or for a women with more curves. Needless to say I still love the concept of the dress and was very happy that I found something similar at Anthropologie. 

 {Anthropologie: Left: Sunblaze Lace Dress $328 // Right: Sunblaze Lace Skirt $148}

Okay so it's not exactly just like the Marchesa dress but the concept is very similar, more wearable and more fitted towards normal women's bodies. I myself am eying the skirt and just waiting for the opportunity to buy it without the husband knowing!


No comments: