Jason Wu Fall 2012 RTW - NYFW

Forget abut Jason Wu for Target and start saving your pennies for his Fall 2012 Ready-to-Wear collection! To be completely honest, I don't know anything about Jason Wu, his work or his fashion line. After seeing his Fall collection I will definitely be paying attention to him now. {Click Here to view the entire collection}

Turns out that Jason and I share two things in common: we're both Chinese and born in the same year (the differences are completely obvious). I'm sure when he was younger he must have seen the movie "The Last Emperor"  because I felt the entire collection was very similar to the costumes in that movie.

{Movie stills from the movie "The Last Emperor"1987}

My thoughts on Jason We Fall 2012 RTW:
  • Chinese history/military themed collection
  • Makeup was simple with focus on slanted eyes (wing eyed)
  • Love the fall grey and burgundy colours with pops of rich reds
  • Being Chinese, love the Chinese silks and patterns on some of the dresses
  • Loved the cape jackets, which were big last year (I love cape jackets)
  • IN LOVE with the wool and lace combination
  • Just because I love the Chinese styles doesn't mean I would wear it myself, but I did love almost every piece from this Fall collection

Some of my top picks and it's hard to pick just a few


 {Love the cape jackets worn with pants or a dress, I would love to wear both!}


{Loving both jackets and pants, wearable for work}

{Beautiful tailored dresses, great for parties or dinners}


{Stunning gowns for events that don't happen for me}
{Note: Right is Candice Swanepoel, Victoria Secret and runway model, she's perfect!}


{Nothing that I would wear but examples of Chinese style influence in the collection}


All pictures taken from Style.com

No comments: